We Are Warriors


Another late night post...I need to change this pattern rather quickly here...

I read half of D&C 76 tonight.  Verse 29 says that Satan makes "war with the saints of God, and encompasseth them round about."

It was a reminder that we are in a war and that we are surrounded by an enemy that is both visible and camouflaged.  If I were a general in an army, and I saw that I was surrounded by legions that outnumbered my army as far as and farther than the eye could see, I would not give up, but I would not delude myself into thinking I would survive the battle.  It would take a miracle.

Luckily, we live in a miraculous period of time, the miracle simply being that we were born where we can receive the Gospel and all the blessings that come with it.  We cannot fight this war alone, and even with the support of other members of the Church, we cannot fight this war alone.  But we are blessed enough to be part of this Church and to know that we have the support of our Father, His Son, the Holy Ghost, and the armies of Heaven, which are about two thirds as large as the forces of Satan.  We are as the army of Helaman.  We are the Lord's Warriors.  The only way we can lose is if we disobey orders, or disobey commandments.  So prepare your armor, ready your sword, and start fighting, for yourself and all the ones you hold dear.

Choose to Cleave.
*Read my first post, "Preface," for more information about Cleaving

0 comments: