The Standard Works

My wireless adapter on my laptop is broken, so I can't blog whenever I have the time to anymore.  I have to go up to campus and use a computer lab, and I feel strange looking up scriptures around a bunch of other students (don't worry, I'm working on my comfort levels of displaying my beliefs in public).

But I would like to say that I've finished the D&C and everything that comes after it.  The only standard work I haven't read cover to cover now is the New Testament, and I'm already a bit into it.

My thought for the day is this: If you die before you read all of the standard works, would you be comfortable?  I do not want anyone to point to me and say, "You didn't even read the scriptures. How can you feel worthy to abide in the Celestial Kingdom?"

Because I haven't, and I don't feel worthy.  I don't think I will ever feel worthy, but I can do all in my power to get as close as I can.  Part of that is doing my best to read all of the scriptures and listen to the prophets.  After all, if I sincerely do my very best, over time my best will become better, and Christ will help me meet the requirements of an Eternal, Celestial life.

Choose to Cleave.
*Read my first post, "Preface," for more information about Cleaving

0 comments: